Monday, November 12, 2012

Comments from a big brother...


Alden has been a real trooper through his recent transition to being a big brother.  He has mostly held it together, with a few sprinkles of mischief and whining here and there - sometimes cute and endearing, sometimes not so much.  Whatever his behavior, though, we are getting a sense of some of his inner turmoil, given voice when his guard is down.  Here are a few comments we've recently heard:

"Mommy, dad and I are going to go play a game that babies can't play, and mommies can't play, either. Only tall dads and sort of tall kids."

"I want to be Soren. I don't want to be Alden, because I am getting to be too old. I want to be a baby."

"Mommy, I want to feed Soren. [Lifts up his shirt to to his neck.] I will use these 'nickles' to feed him."

"Mommy, can I have that breast milk?"
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment